With all that is happening in Ukraine and with Ukrainian families coming to our community, we wanted to let you know how you can continue to be a support to those impacted by the war.
We can help Ukrainian refugee families in PG:
- Join the “Prince George for Ukraine” group on Facebook. Here they can post requests for practical help and needed items.
- The Share Hope group has a warehouse 990 - 1st avenue where they collect needed goods to help the Ukrainian families get established in PG. They have limited hours and are best to call ahead if you have items to donate (Mary and Don Antosko 250-614-6609).’
- If you have specific questions about how to get connected or involved, Charles Scott is one of the main organizers. 250-960-0246 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We can help by supporting partner organizations:
- The Alliance Canada ministry through the church in Poland, which involves welcoming refugees, a media outreach ministry, AND taking supplies to churches in Ukraine for them to distribute to those in need. Check out the video below of how some of this help is making it to those in need.
- Hungry for Life is a partner ministry that has partners living in Ukraine. You can read what they're doing here: https://www.hungryforlife.org/emergency-relief/ukraine-emergency-relief
And let's continue to be in prayer for all those involved in this conflict and that God would care for the broken and hurting and would bring peace.